Friday, July 31, 2009

3 hours at IKEA

After it felt like a volcano was about to erupt in our house this morning, doing school barely doable, I decided to take the kids to IKEA for lunch and playtime. We did our shopping first, loaded everything in the car and went back inside to play and then eat. After spending 20 minutes in line to get food, the kids being very very good at that waiting thing, way better than at home, we all sat down to enjoy lunch that consisted of meatballs and a side of yogurt for Katharine, Lukas and Lennon, chocolate milk, apple juice, honey wheat bagel, muffin and coffee (for me and much needed) and bread pudding. Keira likes to eat, but you better NOT try to feed her. She is very independent, enjoys that and is a sight when she eats.




After lunch we tested all the beds in the kids' furniture section. Asking if they were going to take a nap just got me the usual answer of "no."

The camera that's built in my phone is not the best one. Note to myself, start taking a camera with me again. Preferably the one that fits in the diaper bag.




The lamp with the spider was fascinating.

They literally tested every bed and couldn't get enough. They did stop short of a pillow fight! When we got back to the car I realized we had spent 3 hours at IKEA! Wow! And they all could have stayed, except for Ms. Keira who started getting very tired. At home, Katharine and Lukas helped me put the small table and chairs together we got for the school room so Lukas and Lennon would have a work area during school hours, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment