Friday, January 20, 2012

A day in Daddy's Life

I gave a "career day" talk at a local middle school today, and brought along some slides of a typical day at work.

I arrive at Gearbox early in the morning, anytime between 6:30 and 8:30. 

I usually walk up the 11 flights of stairs to get some exercise.


Here is our cool lobby, which I walk through when I'm taking pictures but typically never see (I work on the floor below this one).



Eating cereal at my desk, and catching up with Shacknews and Confluence.


Starting work in the Unreal level editor.


Morning meetings...

meeting with the producer and LD's for a production update.


Lunch meetings...

attending Colonel Antal's weekly leadership class.


Free snacks and soda always beckon from the break room (now you know why I walk up all of those stairs every day).



After lunch, everybody in my office is hard at work- except for me, who is taking photos :P


Around 6 PM I shut down the computer and head home.


Then I get pounced on by my kids, although it's always fun to hear "Daddy's home!". 


Later on I'm off to the drawing board once everybody is asleep. 


When I'm not drawing I'm playing console games or catching up on TV. 

And every night I need to read for at least a half hour before I fall asleep, no matter when I go to bed.

Lights out. 

Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment