Saturday, February 25, 2012

Texas Discovery Gardens

The kids and I went to the Texas Discovery Gardens yesterday. Thank you Kara, for the coupon. We had a lot of fun exploring. I had printed out a scavenger hunt clue sheet that the website provides. We found lots of fun things, a wishing well full of roses instead of water, rosemary, seed pods from the sweet gum tree, lamb's ear, a cool sculpture called "The Gossip", a garden named after a famous play write and much more. As always, I was fascinated by the colorful vegetation and had a hard time restraining myself taking gazillions of plant pictures. I have not posted any here, but I will do that on my own blog.




The Gossip

The highlight for the kids was going inside the butterfly house. They could hardly contain their joy over all the butterflies they saw. We got there in time for the daily release of hatched butterflies.







Katharine could pretty much answer all the questions the etymologist had. Go Katharine.

No comments:

Post a Comment