Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Duncan Hines cake was eaten (my favorite), 
cool hand drawn cards were presented (Keira gave me around two dozen), 
and a jar of Swedish Fish was given (mmm).

All in all- a very nice birthday!

Except for the age thing...


Random Erik facts:

I am a video game designer, currently working on Aliens: Colonial Marines for Gearbox Software
My hobbies are bike riding, drawing, and photography
I've always wanted to learn how to play the banjo
Favorite healthy food: skinless chicken breast, asparagus, and Perrier
Favorite junk food: Red Hot blue chips, German pretzels, and sweet tea
I always read before going to sleep, no matter what time it is
Currently reading: Thomas Pynchon's "Against the Day", the New Yorker, NYTimes, and digital comics
Twenty years ago I was living on the Upper West Side in NYC doing freelance illustration
Favorite childhood memory: biking across state lines to play at the arcade
Favorite subjects in grade school were Art, History, and Science
I love watching sports, and wish I had the time and ability to play them
The last few music tracks I listened to were by: Sinatra, U2, Pulp, Dylan
Goal for this year: stretch out so that I can touch my toes
Favorite thing about parenting: watching the kids grow up and turn into their own person
Least favorite thing about parenting: putting them to bed (Google "Samuel Jackson" and "sleep")
Hanging out with Kassidy- playing catch and peekaboo
Hanging out with Keira: playing 'My Little Pony' and reading books
Hanging out with the boys: Legos during the week, Lego video games on the weekend
Hanging out with Katharine: art and stories
Hanging out with Iria: corralling the kids by day, reading and TV on the couch by night
Favorite TV shows: Daily Show, Amazing Race
I am really bad at remembering names...

Ok, enough for now. I'll save some for next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment