Friday, October 19, 2012

State Fair, Chinese Lantern Exhibit

I can't believe I didn't take the nice camera with me. I had to use my phone today to take pictures.
This exhibit took three months to set up. There was so much more that I didn't take pictures of, like a tribute to fungi, a replica of the Temple of Heaven, dinosaur lanterns and more.















The lanterns above represents masks from the Peking Opera. Performers really paint on make up to make it look like masks.


The dragon is entirely made out of thousands of pieces of porcelain that were tied together by hand..











The Chamber of Fairies


The above sculpture is made out of little oil bottles.





A coral reef, complete with a mermaid.








Ants, ants, and more ants.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment