Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to me

I turned 45 today.

Yikes!


Random Erik facts:

I recently moved over into concept art from level design at Gearbox
Favorite foods: Wholefoods whole wheat pretzels, vegetable soup, watermelon, pork chops, Red Hot Blue chips, asparagus, orange mango smoothies
Currently re-reading Stephen King's 'The Stand"
I've lost 20 pounds this Spring (no special diet, just eating better and exercising)
Currently playing (and enjoying) 'The Last of Us'
I love to watch my kids play soccer and baseball games
I love to watch my kids dance, but less so other kids
I need a vacation
Speaking of that, I still want to travel to Ireland and Iceland
I hate flies, and will hunt them down if one is buzzing around the house
I like to grill, but have no interest in cooking beyond that
Speaking of that, my palette is rather limited (I could eat pasta and sauce every night if need be)
When I have nothing to do I'll play a video game
nytimes.com is my most frequented website
I like to drink socially, but never drink when I'm just with the wife and kids
I don't like camping
I don't get enough sleep
If I ever retire, I would like to do so in Europe
I don't like getting up early, but am pretty good at it
I'm a fan of the Boston Red Sox, Miami Dolphins, and FC Dallas
I don't like hockey
I am horrible at remembering names
I have really good reflexes, and can often catch stuff that I drop
My favorite musician is Leonard Cohen
Most of the time when I work I wear my noise canceling headphones but don't play any music
I hate talking on the phone (but need to call my brother more)
I prefer mountains to beaches, and cities to suburbs
I bought myself a Belstaff man-bag for my birthday
I love my job