Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy Birthday to Erik

Today I completed my 46th trip around the sun. 

This morning I drove Katharine to dance, and then I attended Lennon's baseball game. After lunch I watched the Germany vs. Ghana World Cup game and then we went out for pizza and desert. I got a bunch of clothes for birthday presents (which I would have hated when I was young but appreciate now) and tonight I'm not quite sure what I'll be up to yet.




Erik facts:

Currently reading: 'The Silkworm' by J.K. Rowling and the 'Expanse' series by James S. A. Corey
Currently watching: 'The World Cup', '24', 'Game of Thrones', 'Veep'
Currently playing: 'Tomb Raider' on the PS4
I've stopped losing weight, but I'm maintaining myself at around 170 (down from over 200 last year)
Soccer has become my favorite sport (FC Dallas, Barcelona, Team USA, Brazil, Germany).
I played another season of adult soccer this Spring, and will play again in the Fall (and nope, I'm not good).
I've started playing hacky sack during breaks at work.
I'm not much of a car person, and am bad at navigating and parking.
Parenting pet peeve: kids stalling at bedtime
Favorite snack: Spicy chips or berries
Favorite foods: anything grilled
Goals for the year: Learn some new art skills and buy a new house
Favorite gadget: my indispensable iPad mini
I still don't like owning cats very much..

All done!