Sunday, October 22, 2017

Father and #1 Son

A big part of the recent NYC trip was getting some time to bond with Lukas before he starts ignoring me in a few years as a teenager..

Here are some snapshots that we took during the trip. 

Here we are outside of my college, School of Visual Arts.


We had lots of diner food- Lukas actually started getting tired of burgers!


First subway commute.


Top of the world- Central Park.


More subway riding..


At the footprint of the north tower. I left before the towers fell, and still remember going into that building all the time to deposit my checks from DC Comics.


NYC pretzels! 

It was hard to wait until they started making them after lunch.


Feeding birds.


Forbidden Planet- the favorite store of the day.


The flatiron building was fun to show him. It is still one of my favorites.


Lukas made friends with the 6 month old puppy of my friend's friend- named "Khaleesi"

Still following this?


Museum of natural History- first stop: T-Rex


Hanging with the (stuffed) lions.


Lukas loves bow and arrows- it is one of his favorite things to draw and learn about.


We talk a long walk in Central park, and visited some of my favorite spots. I used to take a lot of photographs in this section during college.


Hailing his first cab.


Parting shot from my Aunt and Uncle's house.


If he was this tired after two days, imagine what living there is like :)