Monday, August 31, 2009

Reader's Choice

Today was Reader's Choice day in language arts. It is always a good opportunity during school hours to sit down on one of the area rugs in the play/school room with everybody and enjoy a story or book together. We started reading "Sunset of the Sabertooth" from the Magic Tree House series which we read half way through and I am sure Katharine will finish it tonight before she has to turn the lights off to go to sleep.
As part of our discussion we looked up cave paintings from the times of the Cro Magnons. Katharine's assignment was then to draw a sabertooth tiger using black, yellow and red only, just like in the cave paintings. Lukas and Lennon needed a little help from me (and no, I am NOT Erik, but I did my best trying to draw two tigers at the same time) and decided to add a few more colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment