Monday, March 10, 2014

Kitchen Experiment II

I felt like baking on Sunday afternoon, which is kind of funny, because over the course of one week I had baked four loaves of bread, apple muffins, carrot muffins and monkey bread. Oh well.
I decided that I would take the cookbook I acquired in Germany and see if I could take one of the recipes and make it gluten free, dairy free and delicious.
I decided to make a German marble pound cake. The book I bought has been around since 1932 and is currently in it's 16th edition. Most women in the Southern part of Germany I am from owns a copy of said book. It was originally written to help young women and girls learn to cook basic but tasty dishes. My mom's copy is already falling apart, has hand written notes in it and is definitely not pretty to look at, but she is still using it after all these years.




So, did my experiment work?



I sure think so. There is not much left of it, either. Next I will see if the recipes for Easter cookies will convert just as well.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment