Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dress Rehearsal and Recital, Part I

Grandma and Keira at Sweet and Sassy

We took the girls to Sweet and Sassy to get their hair done before the dress rehearsal so they look extra pretty for the photographer. They love getting their hair done, glitter in their hair and some kind of scented spray, which yesterday was cotton candy. It did smell good enough to eat! Needless to say, they did put the cat walk at the store to good use after they were done.


"Friendship"


Gwen rehearsing "Hugs and Kisses"


At the dress rehearsal: Yes, Lukas was having a nervous breakdown because he had to get into his costume. A big supersqueeze from his beloved teacher Ms. Angie helped (only Ms. Angie is allowed to give him supersqueezes).


The girls rehearsing "Supercalifragelisticexpealidocious"


Katharine was in a second dance "Mickey Mouse", but I didn't get to take pictures as I was holding Lukas.  Julie took more pictures than I did, so I am hoping that she will have some more of the kids that I can post later.
I can't say how proud I am of my kids. Katharine is a natural and all smiles and dance on stage.I can't believe my big girl has been in four recitals now!  Lukas, my introvert, overcame his fear and did go on stage. He seems to be taking one hurdle after another these days. As we were watching all the other kids rehearse, he cupped my cheek with his little hand and said "Mommy, I danced. Big boys dance, I am a big boy." It melted my heart! And yes, one boy and seven girls dancing to "Yellow Rose of Texas", guess who stole the show?
I will post some more pictures, the "after-recital-pictures" later.

No comments:

Post a Comment