Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm back...



Well I've actually been back since last night, but I was too tired to post when I got home.

Anyways, Iria kept everyone pretty much up to date about how my trip to Europe was going. I was over there conducting research for a new project at Gearbox.

I saw lots of farms, chateaus, forests, medieval cities, and museums. I got chased out of backyards but also met some amazing new people. I was driven around everywhere, I ate out every night, I stayed in a beautiful hilltop hotel for the last half of the trip. I got sunburned, I got drenched, I got exercise and I got blisters :)

And I probably took over 4,000 pictures.

Here are two of them.

The first picture is me in Jacques Forest. The 506th were dug in here during the winter of 44, and today you can still find their foxholes. They took a brutal beating by both artillery and the elements- you might remember this scene from Band of Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9F1szmKOa8

The last picture is of our group, just outside of Bastogne. It was a great trip, but I'm glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment