Sunday, April 24, 2011

Anatomy of an Easter Picture

Happy Easter, everyone.

This year's Easter picture looks pleasant enough, but it is never easy getting to that result with young kids.


We took the picture at the Dallas Zoo on a beautiful Spring day, and got to the bench just in time before any fatigue and grumpiness began to set in. With five moving parts, you have to snap a lot of pictures to ensure that you get one with enough of them smiling. I kept my finger pressed down on the shutter and probably shot around 50+ pictures... with most of them coming out like this:


There is rarely a "perfect" picture, and I consider myself lucky to get at least 4 put of 5 of the kids looking decent. Here is the one we picked:


Everybody was looking pretty good except for Lukas. His latest haircut came a day too late, and he's straining to see through all of the strands. Luckily I caught that when reviewing the film, and we went back for a quick pickup shot where I sat him by himself on the same spot and parted his hair:



At home I was able to cut him out of this picture in Photoshop and paste him into the group pose. After a little bit of tuning in Lightroom (another photo editing program by Adobe) the Easter picture was good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment