Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bragging Rights

Is it right to bragg? No, but I will do it anyways. I had a question for Katharine's choir teacher regarding a hymn that Katharine's choir will sing on Palm Sunday. My girl wanted to learn more of the hymn than what they need to know, so I asked her teacher what hymn it was and this is the email that Ms. Sonda sent back:


It's hymn 280, "All Glory Laud and Honor.'" Because there are 5 verses ( singing the tune on"la"), we have been focusing on just the refrain:
All glory laud and honor to thee Redeemer, King.
To whom the lips of children made sweet hosannas ring.
You could probably look up the verses from an online hymnal source. I know Katharine could probably learn them all even though because of the length, we've never tried to get the kids to remember it. Pat's never had the grown ups try, either. It's the same hymn that the adult choir will process to in the middle hour - you could learn together!
btw, we were singing through the song at the end of class while kids were getting picked up. In a small group, her timbre really rang out. It quite caught me off guard. Lovely and I thought even a bit mature for her age. Then I remembered - there some strong genetics there, too! :-)
Sonda

No comments:

Post a Comment