Thursday, May 28, 2009

Legacy Books

I took the kids to Legacy Books today which has got to be the BEST bookstore EVER! We stayed for almost 2 hours and they were still not ready to leave, except for Keira who was getting very tired. The children's section was empty and they could wander around by themselves. They came back with a million books. Lukas mostly looked for pirate, Star Wars and Spiderman books, Katharine found a lot of fairy books and Lennon just grabbed whatever caught his eye. Keira chewed up 2 Scooby Doo books and good person that I am, I ended up buying those instead of putting them back on the shelf: one small Star Wars book and a little fairy book. Yes, we are book addicts and hardly ever walk out of a book store without new books. The coolest thing are the giant bean bags in the middle of the floor that the kids can just roll on, sit on, do body slams on or have pillow fights with. There is also a great blue reading chair that you just want to curl up on with a good book. The first time Erik and I went there a few months ago, I was instantly reminded of the Staatsbibliothek (national library) in Berlin where I spent many hours doing research when I went to university in Berlin, Germany. The store feels light and airy and I love the simple architecture of it. Of course there is a coffee shop, too, which serves good coffee and nice cookies and things like that. Legacy Books is very different from Barnes and Noble, they have a lot of books B&N does not have. I especially LOVE the art section in the kids' book section. The kids are already planning their next trip back there and I have the next storytime in my calendar. It's June 16th at 10:00 am, for those of you who have kids and need to find things to do during summer break!


Lennon found the Scooby Doo early reader books.


I took a picture of the ceiling with my phone. It looked kind of artsy to me.



This little girl had a very good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment