Sunday, April 22, 2018

Mr. Mommy - Day 1

Iria embarked on a well deserved (and needed) trip back home to Germany today. She will stay for 9 days, and attend her niece's confirmation next Sunday. I will update the blog with any pics that she sends me.

In the meantime..

I took off work and will be home with the kids for all of that time. I'll be in charge of the feeding, cleaning, homeschooling, and car pooling- plus a bunch of other things that probably haven't occurred to me yet. In addition, I'm trying to sketch out a 70 page coloring book freelance job that I got, and will probably have to finish off another book.

And I'll also try and chronicle all of this as well :)

First off- we made sure that our gmail calendars were synced up before she left, and Iria gave me a "cheat seat" to  help me out with the planning.


We dropped Iria off at the airport at 1 PM.


And sent her a "Bon Voyage" text before she boarded. I don't know what the German equivalent of that saying is, but it probably doesn't sound as nice..


I took the kids to choir practice this afternoon.

Some of them enjoy it,


Some not so much.


I made a quick Costco run while they were in choir, purchasing a bunch of things that Iria usually does not bring home :)


For dinner, we had Papa Johns pizza. It was half off, because FC Dallas won last night and scored two goals. 

Woot!

Future Papa John's note: one extra large does not cut it, it will take two large pies to sufficiently feed all of these kids.


The kids helped clean up lafter dinner. I intend to put them to work a lot- there is so much free labor surrounding me.


The boys and I watched the new "Lost in Space" on Netflix after I put the girls to bed. It was really good, and we will make a routine of it this week and try to finish it off.


Keira is sleeping on Iria's side of the bed tonight. She already really misses her, and I think that Sherman does to.


And right before bed I finished up page 30 of 70. I got a nice head start this weekend, although I expect it to be tougher going as the week goes on.