Sunday, April 29, 2018

Mr. Mommy - Day 8

We woke up really early to make the 8:15 AM choir roll call at church.


Doughnuts took the edge off the early wake up call, at least for as long as the sugar rush lasted.


Katharine and Lukas sang in the choir. They both did a great job.


And the crowd went wild!


On our way out we ran into Charlotte, who none of us have seen for a long time. If you dig back into some of the earlier pages of the blog, you might see a few appearances. The girls promised to get back in touch. I hope they do!


At home, the boys finished off the Lego set and whisked it up to their room. This is probably the last time that it will be fully intact.


Around 1 PM I took Keira and Katharine to Figure Drawing at Gearbox. We bring a clothed model in on the occasional Sunday, to make it more family and kid friendly. 

Keira is getting a lot better at gesture, and loosely sketching the pose in.


Katharine is getting a lot better all around.


These don't look like the sketches of a 15 year old anymore..


Lukas's team had their Championship Game later on in the afternoon, causing us to miss our first scheduled activity (afternoon choir) of the week.

The game did not go well, and they lost another Championship. 

Leading up to the game, Lukas would often joke about his growing collection of 2nd Place trophies. There would be no laughs today, but when he is older it will make for a good story.


Until then, Go Blitz!!


I knew another family would get a nice shot of the jump, so I went with the artsy lens flare shot. 


Here is the money shot:


I took him out afterwards to his favorite restaurant, Genghis Grill. 

I like the food, but I always feel like I have just wasted a bunch of money whenever I go there. It is only allowed for special occasions.


The kids are in bed, and we will all be sleeping in tomorrow. 

I am taking vacation days, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment