Friday, May 16, 2014

24 Hours Vacation from the Kids


Erik and I took a 24 hour vacation from being parents and left the kids with my mother. We took the train into Stuttgart, checked into a nice hotel and enjoyed the precious time together by visiting the sites,  do a little shopping and go see the Stuttgart Philharmonic Orchestra play Beethoven's 9th.
By now it might be obvious that I was a bit obsessed with stained glass windows, churches, chandeliers and colors. The stained glass windows here are the windows of Stuttgart's Stiftskirche, one of the oldest and biggest protestant churches in Stuttgart.



I really wanted to go to the market halls in Stuttgart with its wonderful selection of goods: fruits, vegetables, cheeses, meets, flowers, household items, gifts and more from all over. Erik and I enjoyed a nice lunch at one of the restaurants in the market hall, then enjoyed the hustle and bustle of lunch time shoppers.
The soaps, chandeliers, fabrics, flowers, candles and more were begging me to take pictures. I could have spend a whole week in there!





                                                    I did buy some opium soap for myself.












                 I did go back and bought a small version of the rose vase for my sister.




                       
                              A selfie at the Liederhalle before the concert, which was wonderful


Above and below a picture of the Mercedes Tower, a Stuttgart landmark and part of Stuttgart's main train station.