Friday, May 16, 2014

Breakfast and Reunion


The kids got to decorate Oma's little Christmas tree. On Christmas Eve we all went to service in the church I was baptized, confirmed, went to Sunday School at, my mom was on the board for many years and that Lennon and Keira got baptized in, too. The kids did beautifully, considering they didn't understand much and that the service was very long. The church is very, very pretty, a mix of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance art. Below: Amandus Kirche Beihingen


On December 27 Erik and I left the kids with Oma and went to Heilbronn to have breakfast with Anita, Fritz couldn't make it. We had reservations at Cafe Hagen, a family owned business. They roast their own coffee beans and also carry a huge assortment not only of coffees, but also teas, accessories and other kinds of unique goods. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, but you need a reservation. I loved the unique decoration, especially the chandelier below.




Erik had scrambled eggs with a ham, juice, coffee (which Anita and I shared in addition to our own coffees), a basket full of breads and assorted preserves of his choice. I went for the cereal with fresh fruit and yoghurt, and of course coffee!



In the late afternoon I went to Ludwigsburg for a special reunion with three of my four dearest friends from middle and high-school, Ulrike, Ulla and Nicole. Nicole was wonderful and arranged time and location! This was one of the highlights of the trip for me. I hadn't seen the girls in 15 or more years, with the exception of Ulla who I last saw during our last visit in 2008. The best thing was that we still connected and talked the way we did years ago in school! It was fun traveling back in time, but also to find out what everyone is doing now.